Old 14-06-2008, 10:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Brand new to garden ponds

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:04:24 EDT, wrote:

it is possible to set up little incubator areas using floating PVC and fine netting.
the water flows thru but the eaters do not. Ingrid

This is true. I have been surprised that even with fish in my lily pond to
go out in the morning and be able to collect eggs. I then move them to the
kiddy pool.... course I had a raccoon who decide to pick off many of them,
so then I had to fence the kiddy pool. He even tried to climb the
unsupported fencing. Looks like a kid hung on it in one area. Needless to
say I think he gave up as no way was it going to move, but it wasn't going
to be steady enough to hoist himself over and be able to get back out. I'm
glad it was smart enough to figure that out. I'm sure I would have come out
to a PO raccoon and a destroyed kiddy pool in the AM. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us