Old 06-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Andrew Thomson

Default Which plants for the shade?

"garry parker" wrote in message
I am moving into a flat which has a small back garden, but I noticed that
the garden doesn't get any sunshine until very late afternoon, and then

it's
only a thin strip at the end which gets lit up.
Some of the plants are brown and dead, so could anyone recommend plants

and
flowers that would be suitable, but which have nice bright colours?
I don't know anything about gardening, but we are moving here mainly to

have
the chance of our own small garden, as we are fed up with being stuck in a
flat after being at work all week.
Thanks a lot.
Garry

What I do is look at crocus.co.uk (its an online garden centre) which has a
lot of useful information on it. You can seach for plants that do well in
certain aspects (eg shade). I've not ordered from them because they seem to
take a while to deliver but its good for getting the names of a few plants
that will work and then nipping down to your local garden centre to buy
them.

Andrew