Old 07-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Pickmaster

Default Pond Website

Here's something I was wondering also: do the Koe eat string algae? From the
looks of it, if they do, I need about 100 more Koi !

Along the edges you could try pickerel weed
or arrowhead or any number of pretty marginals
in pots.
Also lotus ---- so pretty.

The koi actually like the murkier water, they feel safer. Once the lily

pads
appear on the surface they will like to hide under them.

If you end up feeding the koi (sparingly) they will become like pigs to

the
trough. Many times it just takes one to be brave enough and then they'll

all
follow.

The leaves and pine needles will be a problem.
If you are going to run water into the pond a skimmer at the other end

will
help keep them under control. Netting that big of pond looks to be a huge

job.
Skimming it with a net would be good
exercise ;-)

k30a