Old 15-06-2008, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Stella cherry problem

I have a fan trained Stella cherry on a South facing wall. It is about 6
years old, very healthy apart from blackfly which attacks the new growth
every year, which this year I have treated, thus reducing the blackfly
considerably. This year, for the first time, I have a a large number of
fruit set, however sadly they are not developing well. Most have dried
up and shrunk, with few remaining in reasonable condition. I know it is
too late for this year but any suggestions as to the problem and
possible cure for the future? TIA.