Old 15-06-2008, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Rose ID

On 15/6/08 17:55, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote...
after "Bob Hobden" replied
"Sacha" wrote
Would anyone happen to know which rose this is? The colour in the photo
is
hopeless because the rose is a really deep crimson. It's a climber and
is
scented and it's a truly gorgeous sight.
http://i32.tinypic.com/33ljpl0.jpg

You don't mention the height of the climber but my first thought was the
short climber "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" which we have ...
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl...asp?showr=3486

I think you've got it, Bob. That looks remarkably like it and it's not,
apparently, very high growing. Many thanks. It's a really lovely rose
and
I did wonder if it might be a David Austin. Well worth growing for colour
and scent and might be rather nice grown over a low wall, rather than up
one, do you think?

It's quite slow growing, well ours has been, but then ours is growing up a
6ft West facing wall. The flowers are superb and it does produce them in
abundance. Regards growing over a wall, you know me, try it and see is
always my motto with plants.

First find your wall....... ;-))

--
Sacha