Old 15-06-2008, 06:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Pond with water

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:46:22 EDT, ~ jan wrote:

That will be the most interesting thing, which plants can handle being
surrounded by cement. I know Corsican mint doesn't seem to mind, but it is
a short ground cover. I bet some sort of ivy would fit the bill, doesn't it
grow on and in everything? Flamingo water celery (or parsley) also does
well in the blocks. Better in the blocks than the pots in the pond for me.
~ jan

Those blocks used to be part of a firepit and have been out in the
weather for at least five years, and it wouldn't surprise me if they
were outside a lot longer than that. There was no evidence of the
firepit having been used at all recently when I moved here. In any
event, anything that might have leached out seems to have already done
so. None of the plants I have stuffed in the cinder block holes have
died, I think a lot more of clippers and stuff than fertilizer when I
look at them now.

Galen Hekhuis