Old 14-06-2008, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Summerhouses!

Mary Fisher writes

I've been spending an hour or so in my little greenhouse recently, "tending
the crops".

It's been so gentle that I've thought that when I don't grow anything any
more it would be a lovely summer house, conservatory, whatever. Sheltered,
warm, enough room for a table and chairs ... I wonder if anyone else has
used a greenhouse like this?

Yes, I have two arm chairs in mine, and we take our coffee in there on
sunny winter days. I heat it to the bare minimum for cacti in the
winter, but that allows me to grow other things (fairly mundane things
like scented geraniums, daffodils, eccremocarpus, butterwort) which give
colour and scent through the winter. I've also got a solar powered
radio, which is ideal as it gets enough light to work continuously.
--
Kay