Old 16-06-2008, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default There went summer

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:41:06 +0100, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:28:52 +0100, Sacha wrote:

snip
First time we went to
Bryher Mike Nelhams drove us across in his Land Rover because it was
spring
tides! We hitched a ride back at high water with the Tresco harbour
master.
At present Tresco is doing an extraordinarily good deal which involves a
stay at the hotel and free helicopter or ship connections. The helicopter
is a significant past of the cost normally, so while a day trip to the
Abbey
Gardens is certainly possible, it's a costly 'day out', even if I do
recommend it very highly. Certainly treating oneself to a few nights at
the
hotel or at the New Inn has to be one of the best short breaks ever.

I don't trust helicopters.

I love that flight and I enjoy helicopters, though I know they have all the
glide propensity of a housebrick. I particularly enjoy the take off and
landing bit - none of that racing down runways and hoping it's going to make
it into the air before the tarmac runs out!

When a helicopter engine conks out there isn't another to keep it flying.

Cough Never heard of a twin-engine helicopter then? Or did you mean
rotor? Plenty of twin rotors too.

(Love helicopter rides, especially the one from Penzance to St Mary's.)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening