Old 07-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Hussein M.

Default law on boundaries ?

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:34:52 +0100, bigjon wrotc:

Well, thanks again. I'm
going to have to think of a practical, subtle way of getting revenge, as I
can't afford to start legal action !!

My advice is not to dig yourself deeper into a futile escalation.

My garden is open to the street and gives many people a lot of
pleasure. Louts are however forever lobbing empty beer cans and other
rubbish into the borders and my friends marvel at the fact that I
simply go out and patiently retrieve them - effectively acting as
refuse collector.

I suppose I have despaired of the downward spiral of sensibilities
in this modern age and realise that it is de facto and nothing can be
done about it. You either give up or persevere.

You really don't want to compound the injury give these people the
satisfaction of finding that they have managed to fill people with
bile.

The best solution has already been suggested by someone. Disarm with
unexpected charm. "Here's the number of the EH officer. Let me know
how you get on." etc. etc.

Hussein

Grow a little garden