Old 18-06-2008, 05:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Brand new to garden ponds

I messed up - if thus doesnt work go to
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/pondkeepers/photos

and dkats pond

donna
"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"D Kat" wrote

| first mistake of new ponders is putting pond in low ground thinking this
is
| where pond naturally go - you do not have a natural pond. if you did it
| would have both an in and out for new water. putting ur pond in a low
area
| will mean it getting contaminated with whatever chemicals you or ur
| neighbors use on yard plants/grass and with any soil erosion. u can
make
it
| look low by surounding it with rocks and having the liner up in the
rocks.
| donna - called lefty at the moment

I joined the group and everything, but can't see a picture there.

I don't use any chemicals in the yard, and the location isn't where anyone
else's runoff could get to it. There won't be erosion either, my lawn is
too
thick for that. Anyway I thought it would be a good way to keep it full of
water even if the liner developed a leak.