Old 18-06-2008, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Bird feeding observations

On 18/6/08 10:41, in article , "Broadback"
wrote:
snip

This year, for the first time I have had a Jay on my bird table, seen
it/them in the garden frequently but never on the table. I'm please to
say that I have seen thrushes in my garden this year for the first time.

Jays are beautiful but they're not nice birds - bit like magpies. Having
the thrushes might be why you've got the Jay, unfortunately. I've just seen
one this morning, driving through a wooded area where I know someone raises
pheasant chicks. ;-(
This site is interesting:
http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/birds/jay.htm
--