Old 18-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Carrie Carrie is offline
Registered User

Location: Suffolk
Default Planting to reduce traffic noise

Hello. I'm new to the site and looking for advice. We've recently moved into a new house in Suffolk with a very large garden. It's about 30 yards from a fairly busy B road. We have lawn of about 10 yards so have space to put in quite a lot of planting. I'd prefer overlapping evergreen hedging of different types. Googling came up with laurel as being best to ameliorate noise. I know nothing will block it out but a wall or earth bund which are not feasible. I'd be grateful for any suggestions (other than move house!). Thank you.