Old 18-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Ashley Argile Ashley Argile is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Potato Identification

Hi,

Earlier this year I chitted and set a mixture of First Early, Second Early and Main Crop potatoes. I made a pencil sketch of the bed in which I planted them, marking on it what each row was. Unfortunately, my partner went on a spring cleaning mission and threw away everything that wasn't bolted down including my sketch. Is there anyway of distinguishing the different types of plants? I planted Desiree, Wilja, King Edwards, Duke of York & Estima. One of the rows is much bigger than the rest and another has started to flower. Does that give any clues? Can I assume that the flowing row is a first early? Some of the really big plants are inclined to collapse, is this normal?

Thanks

Ashley