Old 18-06-2008, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Phil Wilson Phil Wilson is offline

Default Bird feeding observations

Tom Withycombe wrote:

But "nice" birds are very few and far between - if indeed they exist
at all. In fact I know of none. They all have their instincts and
genetic inheritance. In spite of its beauty - which is undisputed -
the Jay is a survivor which requires a mixture of food to keep
going.
I fear this includes meat 'n veg! It is, unofficially, a raptor - as
is every bird in its own way. Life's pretty tough out there.

That's true. I'd rather have a Jay in my garden than a Pheasant, a
noisy preposterous species that only looks right in thick forest. But
tastes differ.

Cheers,

Phil