Old 18-06-2008, 07:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default A surprise for me!

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

The first picture I took with my new camera was of a tiny blue flower,
speedwell, on a bank in our garden. That was some weeks ago, I've only
just looked at it and was about to crop the picture when I noticed the
hairy leaves of Grim the Collier which wasn't then in flower. I'm more
pleased with the leaves than the speedwell flower :-)

Hahahaha! Yeah - with all due respect, it's not much of a flower is it?
)

Well, as my (short) husband says, "There's good stuff in small bottles.

"And poison ... "

:-)

I see you got yourself a Canon EOS 400D. Very nice choice.

Thank you, I did ask on here first ...

Have you been practicing?

Not as much as I should. We've had a grand daughter staying with us until
this morning - Hurrah - and it's been, shall I say, diverting. That's
positive. Don't ask about the negative.

When's the trip?

End of July for a fortnight. From now I'll be practising (our spelling)
every day. It will help that I bought a new (and
not-wonderful-but-better-than-my-old) tripod. Couldn't justify a monopod
although that was my ideal.

Thanks for your comment,

Mary
--