Old 18-06-2008, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default It's official (Verizon) - Anyone care if I post pictures at RGO?

Ray, you can thank Andrew Cuomo in NY for this problem. He bullied the ISPs
until they caved.

Here's a thought: What if we, in this discussion, go ahead and post OPs to
rgo, and include photos? See what happens. Maybe they'll get stripped, maybe
not.

I'll post one later, and be the first to brave the wrath of Fournier, who
somehow manages to pop up any time someone defies the rules!

Diana

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
ng.com...
I have always thought RGO would flow better if you could post pictures to
it. Besides Mick, the problem is a lot of the news servers strip binaries
posted to non binaries groups. I do not know many do it, but I think it is
currently a fair percent and growing. A year and a half ago my ISP stopped
all newsgroup service. My ISP which is the local phone company is the only
option for DSL in the county and in addition the phone company makes it
very hard for other companies to even offer dialup across its lines.
Switching ISP was not an option. I tried various free news server options
and was not happy with any. I ended paying for the service and have been
very happy with the service. They bill my credit card once a year so I
only get ****ed once a year. All and all I think news groups are a thing
of the past, unless you want to download music, movies, porn, or orchid
stuff. At some point the RGO and ABPO community may have to migrate to
another type of host.

Pat