Old 18-06-2008, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_191_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_191_] is offline

Default Bursting Cabbages

"fixerman" wrote in message

I had some really nice cabbbages growing in my little garden until
recently the nice firm heads just started to burst open. Now they look
horrible as if the were shredded.

Any advice welcome please. The variety is similar to Hispi.

I have tried uploading a JPG picture but it keeps failing

They could be going to seed if they've been there a while; or sometimes
intermittent watering (or just sprinkling instead of a thorough watering)
will trigger premature bolting