Old 18-06-2008, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Al Pickrel Al Pickrel is offline

Default It's official (Verizon) - Anyone care if I post pictures at RGO?

I can't see pictures posted to rgo via my Verizon service, so while I don't
care if people post there, I will not be able to see them. I will however
be able to see all text based flame wars that surround them.

That message from Verizon is stupid in many ways, chiefly stupid because
they tell you to UNSUBSCRIBE and try using guilt to make you do it; I
paraphrase: "other people may experience slow throughput if you don't
unsubscribe... which is a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy." Why not
just disable the hierarchies they want to get rid of. Or better yet, just
drop the ones that get reported for porn? They certainly have the authority
and ability to not serve up services they don't want us to use. But I guess
my outrage at this stupidity is unproductive.