Old 19-06-2008, 05:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Brand new to garden ponds

if u know ur not going to get runoff from an unknown source i would think
that the combination of stone/crushed gravel/pebbles etc would work nicely
if there were a large enough span. my serious problem came about when it
rained so intensely that the water was forced under the liner and the sides
collapsed... im not sure im protected from that... donna

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"D Kat" wrote

| there is probably a more proper way to give that link and i should learn
how
| to do it but im working with one hand and half a brain right now... i
will
| try to find a better way of posting pictures.
|
| what i should have made more clear was how it is set up - there is an
inner
| circle of rocks and the liner comes up over the outer edge. an outer
circle
| of rocks holds the liner up and in place. crushed rock and my favorite
| rocks then hide the liner. now run off water cant foul the pond even
though
| it appears to be lower than the surrounding area -

I suppose one could also surround a small pond with small gravel and let
it
filter incoming runoff water. It wouldn't take out chemicals (not a
concern
here) but would block most organic stuff.