Old 19-06-2008, 01:29 PM
gasdoctor gasdoctor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadback View Post
echinosum wrote:[color=blue][i]
Broadback;798450 Wrote:
This year, for the first time, I have a a large number of fruit set,
however sadly they are not developing well. Most have dried up and
shrunk, with few remaining in reasonable condition.

Same happened on most of my fruit trees, due to nasty frosts in april.

Same here

I have a sunburst cherry.
It gets attacked by black fly really badly every year. So I spray it after petal fall, if I dont the blossoms all stick together and the fruit yield is poor.

This year the "fruitlet drop" has been huge, with very similar description. The crop this year will be greatly reduced on last year.

I also assume this is due to poor polination due to adverse weather.
I tried manually polinating as well.

But is the poor polination due to reduced insects/bees or damage to the blossom etc?

My plum tree has completely lost all its fruitlets, again I manually polinated, but it snowed on the blossom. There were loads of fruitlets a week ago and now nothing

My apple has faired better, only losing half of its fruitlets.