Old 19-06-2008, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Some "worrisits"....

On 19/6/08 10:05, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
On 18/6/08 21:32, in article
, "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
On 17/6/08 22:05, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes

the
red thing is, perhaps, a Photinia

Definitely not. On seeing the larger version, I'm more convinced that
it's the Lysimachia.

I've missed something or mis-read it. Which Lysimachia, Kay

Yellow loosestrife. eg 'Firecracker'.

Could well be but I thought the leaves of that were a bit more plum coloured
- new growth might be the answer to that.

Wonder whether we're seeing the colours differently on different
computers. The picture certainly looked to me like the deep purple of my
purple Lysimachia (whether that's Firecracker or not I haven't a clue),
and not the bright red of Photinia.

But I was going more from the shape of the leaves and the arrangement of
the leaves on the stem. The leaves were not rounded enough for Photinia,
and too close together at the ends of the stems.

I'm sure you're right because I went off and looked at other pics of
Firecracker and that looks the same.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com