Old 19-06-2008, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default Olive tree with black spot?

Sacha wrote:
On 18/6/08 21:02, in article , "Packs"
wrote:

I've got an Olive that's been on my south facing roof garden for a
couple of years and appears to have caught some kind of black spot.
Am about to treat with a fungicide (Dithane945) - is that a good
idea?

Before doing anything make sure it's draining properly and that the
compost isn't waterlogged. I'm assuming it's in a pot so if that is
the case, raise it up on bricks or something and make sure the pot
has adequate drain holes, too. Damp and shade aren't olive friendly.
Think of their normal habitat, stony, well-drained and sunny!

OP has south-facing roof garden. I doubt that shade is a problem! You
could be right about the compost; it's not unknown for drainage holes to get
blocked.

No idea about how well the Olive tolerates Dithane 945, or any other
fungicide for that matter.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)