Old 19-06-2008, 07:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
BIO-Dex Consulting BIO-Dex Consulting is offline

Default It's official (Verizon) - Anyone care if I post pictures at RGO?

Ray,

I have been looking at setting up a news-group server for hosting abpo and
rgo archives. As it would be publicly accessible, would that alleviate the
pressures for you???

Kye

"Ray B" wrote in message
Dear Verizon Online Customer,

As a Verizon Newsgroup service user, we wanted to let you know about some
important changes that we will soon be making to our Newsgroup service.

On June 24, 2008, we will be modifying our Newsgroup offerings to only
offer groups in the Big-8 Newsgroup hierarchies, which are listed below.
The 0.verizon.* newsgroup hierarchy will also continue to be available.
Users will not be able to post or download from any other newsgroups using
our Newsgroup service.

comp.*
humanities.*
misc.*
news.*
rec.*
sci.*
soc.*
talk.*

More details regarding the Big 8 newsgroup hierarchies is available at:
http://www.big-8.org/.

This change will not affect your Internet access service. If you would
like to subscribe to newsgroups other than those we offer, you will need
to subscribe to a separate commercial news service. Please note that your
use of any such service is still subject to our Terms of Service and
Acceptable Use Policy.

There are no changes required to your software, but you will need to
unsubscribe from all Newsgroups other than the Big 8 hierarchies and the
0.verizon.* hierarchy noted above. The following link explains how to
subscribe and unsubscribe in Outlook Express:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171190

IMPORTANT: If you continue to subscribe to unsupported newsgroups, you may
experience poor computer performance and slow throughput speeds. Failure
to unsubscribe may also interfere with the functioning of the Verizon
network or use of the network by other Verizon users, which is a violation
of our Acceptable Use Policy.

We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you in
the future.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online