Old 19-06-2008, 04:14 PM
old perennial old perennial is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I had some really nice cabbbages growing in my little garden until recently the nice firm heads just started to burst open. Now they look horrible as if the were shredded.

Any advice welcome please. The variety is similar to Hispi.

I have tried uploading a JPG picture but it keeps failing
If you planted them last autumn to be eaten in spring then they will be running to seed now. If they were planetd thisyear and are 'bursting' may be due to period of drout followed by heavy water. same happens with tomatoes.