Old 19-06-2008, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Planting to reduce traffic noise

In article ,
Carrie writes:

| However, anything like that will shut out a lot of light, too.
| Which direction is the road from you?
|
| Thank you for the reply. The road is to the west and obviously I'd not
| want to block the light - good point.

You have to balance the constraints, then. A hedge 15' high, or
even 10', of something with heavy, evergreen leaves, will help.
Depending on where you are, there are lots of suitable plants;
even the dreaded leylandii would do, if you keep it properly
trimmed EVERY year.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.