Old 19-06-2008, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ID this small reviving conifer, please?

On 19/6/08 20:39, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Picea, the Blue Spruce

Hi, Sacha. Thanks for helping.

I don't know if I did but I hope so. It looked similar photo to photo.

Well, I've had a good look at the Picea in Google images and it's be a
contender size-wise and colour-wise. Tomorrow, if you don't mind, I'll
try to post a close-up of the buds. They're different from the Picea's,
but maybe they look as they do because of the neglect. The bush seems
to be "designed" to put out hundreds of little circular tufts of
needles, rather than short arms.

I don't know them well enough to know if that's the norm or if it's a
survival technique. I think Kay or Dave Poole would certainly know that
kind of thing.

By the way, Sacha, and Kay, sorry for posting twice but my first message
did not immediately upload, as normal. Instead some guy called Martin
seemed to be succeeding in posting filth. Maybe he had hijacked the
system somehow.

Your msg. got through which is all that matters.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com