Old 19-06-2008, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Olive tree with black spot?

On 19/6/08 17:16, in article , "Packs"
wrote:

When sheltered it was in a fairly shady spot - next to a west facing
shoulder height wall between two tall conifer trees.
It's up on two bricks so drains freely (but not when it was in the
sheltered spot). Also it's got lots of gravel in the base of the pot.

Well I've applied a bit of the Dithane945 - so see what happens.
Also I won't water it for a couple of weeks.

If it's about to flower could it still be over watered/damp?
Almost all new growth this Spring has been blooms.

Just put it in the sun, make sure it can drain if it rains and leave it be!
Gravel wicks up moisture so it's just getting wetter. When it's dormant it
might be a good idea to re-pot it with broken crocks or large pebbles, piled
huggermugger under its roots - big broken up stuff, not neat small stuff
that holds wet compost.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com