Old 19-06-2008, 11:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kathy[_3_] kathy[_3_] is offline

Default Pump project today

Took a long time to get the pond down enough for Son to
get in seeing how the pump was running at a trickle.

Pulled out the pump and discovered two things
- DH had not put the pump basket on its builder's brick so
it had sucked up mud from the bottom as we also decided not
to muck out the pond this year (he has no extra time this year).
- A poor little fish had gotten sucked in backwards with just his
face, looking alarmed, sticking out. He was long gone.

Son, who has dissected fetal pigs in biology, got a bit squeamish
when I handed him the needle nosed pliers to extract the fish
remains. But manly stepped up to the plate and removed the
fish in three pieces.

Pump is running great, waterfall sounds wonderful, frogs are glad
to have Son out of their pond so they can get back to frog courtship.
Won't take too long for the water to get back to clear and loverly.

k :-)