Old 20-06-2008, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Long reach hedgecutter

Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says...
I am looking at buying a long reach hedge cutter and my fancy has been taken
by a Stihl combi system where one engine unit can have several attachments
like a long reach hedge cutter, or strimmer.

Do any of you use one of these? If so are they as good as a stand alone
machine? Or can you recommend any other brands/alternatives.

Mike

My son has the Stihl, and is very happywith it and uses it commercially,
I have a Roybi and allthough I have not got the long reach hedge cutter I
find the engine unit excellent, but that is purely domestic usage

I had a Stihl, it was the devil to start at times, I later found that
there are 2 versions of most of their products, the cheaper ones (mine)
made in China, so beware. However I now have a Tanka, with fittings for
hedge cutting, light chain saw and strimmer. It is excellent, so easy to
start, just a light pull no yank. Also the extended hedge cutter can be
adjusted to most angles.