Old 20-06-2008, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default close-up of tufts on small conifer.

On 20/6/08 12:23, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Here's a close-up of the bursts of life on this shrub. Remember, each
tuft is only about half an inch in diameter.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...&current=reviv
ingconifer2.jpg

Yes, Sacha, maybe the tuft is just a survival technique and in the best
circumstances the tuft would continue growing into a stalk, as in the
pics of the Picea. Is this known to happen in conifers?

Eddy.

I don't know Eddy but I'm sure someone will. However, it has to start
somewhere!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com