Old 20-06-2008, 09:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default How to stop marginals nose diving into the deeper water

Although we have been enjoying some reasonable weather in the UK we are
having some windy stuff as well....the problem is that this is catching
my larger plants/reeds that are in planters causing the whole thing to
end up falling over and off their shelves and into the deeper regions of
the pond....

I bought some planting bags the other day that I was intending to use to
plant on the marginal shelves that I didn't get quite the right shape to
support a rigid planter....now I'm wondering if they could have an
application to stop the tumbling....

So my question is how does everyone else deal with the issue of
marginals in planters getting caught in the wind and taking a dive? and
if there are any suggestions over and above my current pick them up and
place them on their shelves again?

TIA
Gill