Old 21-06-2008, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default It's official (Verizon) - Anyone care if I post pictures at RGO?

Oh, no! We would miss you terribly. *We are family!*

Diana

wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:57:33 GMT in haL6k.44069$lE3.347@trnddc05 Ray B
wrote:
My guess is that Verizon, my ISP, blocked me from posting it on their
servers, so there is nothing to be copied to yours.

Most NNTP admins run cleanfeed, or whatever it mutated to in the past 10
years. Unless it's a newsgroup for binaries it would have been blocked
anyways. And with one easy settings change it will cheerfully make all
binaries go away, the mess when some of the more braindead clients
encode a 100% text article as base64.

Atleast you still get newsgroups, my colo box is on a TWC business
class network, and I suspect news will disappear for me as well.

I'll probably completely disappear from USENET on or after the 23rd
until my dad complains enough to get me to set him up with one of the
commercial 3rd party providers. I'll go into horrible withdrawl, but
after 18 years on USENET and 22 years on computer message boards and 24
years with email it's time to get away from this crap for a while.

When I do return to USENET, I'll probably offer a read only NNTP server
for this group and RGO.

--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."