Old 21-06-2008, 11:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Which is better? (mosquitoes)

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:35:36 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

Which is better, getting rid of *all* the standing water? Or leaving
one bucket full of stagnant water under a tree (to lure them to one
place) and putting one of those "mosquito dunks" in it?

I think I'm gonna try the latter this year.

I dumped out some little flower pots this afternoon and they were full
of wigglers already.

Bob

Even better, put a rosy red minnow or goldfish in the bucket. Much
lower cost than those bacteria dunks. Water green with algae works
best.