Old 21-06-2008, 08:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Overhead or underhand

In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

fPersephone wrote:

This is not a poster worth debating.

I'm not looking for a debate with the illuminati. I just wanted some
gardening advice regarding boards. You know ........ wood ......... lumber

No? ................

sigh ......................

Steve

Wood I lumber? I lumber about everywhere I go. I kinda got this shuffle
down (An a one, an a two, an a one-two-three an a one an a two, and usw.)
Hunert degrees today, hunert an 2 yesterday. Think I'm gonna chop a
section out of my plastic mulch where a half dozen string beans can't
make no headway. Tired of seeing their fricasseed little bodies. Got 10
leeks in today (gotta get out early before the inferno hits). About
forty to go, when they get bigger.

The heat is encouraging. Last year was a terrible year and we only had
three 100F days. This year we have already had four. Two years ago was a
banner year in the garden with a dozen days of 100F days. Everything
seems to be flowering precociously and the bees were here waiting for
them

Nearly all my plots with deep mulch have been pillaged by a raccoon. The
motion sensitive sprinkler and a little proprietor's **** seems to deter
him/her but I'm defending too much land and I'm getting down to cotton
balls.

My trial spot for cabbage and cauliflower doesn't seem to be working
out. They are starting to bolt. I think I'll start rotating in some
cabbage to the lettuce patch and some lettuce into the cabbage patch and
see how that works out.

Tomorrow I'll get the the tromboncini in.

I'm kind of excited because I have two teeny tiny stevia plants. Now all
I have to do is nurture. Identified one of my mystery plants from last
year as valeriana officianalis, and there are two species of skull cap,
a returning elcampane, a volunteer milk thistle, and much more from this
year.

I'm back in the prunella business, the flower spikes are out again.
Mixed with mint and sliced lemon, it make a very nice drink for a hot
day.

Später.
--

Billy