Old 21-06-2008, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Cactus plants

On 21/6/08 01:58, in article ,
"Kenneth" wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 01:08:17 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 21/6/08 00:43, in article
,
"Kenneth" wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:29:21 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

*Please* tell me how to look after my Christmas cactus! I do water it from
time to time and at present, it's putting on healthy looking shoots at the
tips. But the flowering performance is abysmal round about Christmas time!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Howdy,

The trick seems to be chilling the plant...

Many times I have seen that our large Christmas cacti flower
only on the side that touches a cold window. If we remember
to rotate the pot, we get flowers all around the plant.

Good luck with it,

Ah. So not good in the kitchen near the Aga! Thank you!

Hi Sacha,

It might be very happy near the stove... Until you want it
to bloom. Move it to a cold area at that time, and you
should see some wonderful flowers.

Thanks Kenneth. All this seems to be the 'cruel to be kind' treatment, so
I'll try it this autumn!