Old 07-04-2003, 05:44 AM
KenCo

Default Water test kit?

MLF wrote:

Can anyone suggest a water test kit that won't require me to get a
second mortgage?

Michael Fermanis
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)

essential:
any 2 part or dry tab Ammonia kit.

almost all other tests are basicly useless:

PH, 99.9% of fish adapt w/ no probs..

NitrIte, good only in new setup to tell you
when its spiking. BUT! its normal to spike LOL

NitrAte, plants lower it, kit useless unless
you have nitrAte sensitive fish (NOT).

DH/KH etc, unless its Discus, really not needed.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.