Old 21-06-2008, 03:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Brand new to garden ponds

the person who opened the thread was thinking of putting the pond where it
was lower than surrounding land - i pointed out that in general this is a
bad idea - though i keep doing it - because run off will take bad chemicals
into the pond, it can give u huge algae bloom - fertilized lawns =
fertilized pond - it can result in water going under your liner and
collapsing the sides - etc.

the way this pond is built is it looks lower than the surrounding land but
the liner comes up over the outer edge of the inner ring of rocks - an outer
ring holds the liner in place and crushed gravel plus rocks hide the liner.
we have had some torrential rains and no problem. i have had no silt
deposited in the pond at all -other than that from my goof of adding white
clay from my pottery to my planters. the polyester wool recommendation
worked wonderfully on cleaning that up. i never did add the flocculants
because i like how it now looks.

sorry about the list issue - i didn't realize that would happen.

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:38:17 EDT, "D Kat" wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65462869@N00/2595395539/
lets try this one...

Yes, that worked. I never did see them at pondkeeper. Ended up joined to
the listserv somehow.... no thank you, unsubscribed post haste.

Now I can't remember what you were trying to show us, or if you had a
question or what? Pond looks cute. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us