Old 21-06-2008, 05:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
W Dale[_2_] W Dale[_2_] is offline

Default pondscaping a dream pond

On Jun 17, 8:45 pm, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
I hope you can find the leak. Let it go down to where the descent
stops. Add about 1/4" and begin dropping milk around the edge. You
should see the milk be pulled through the liner where a leak is. It
may not be the only one. May you find the leak at the top of your
area!

Jim

June 21. Water level is still descending but much slower. My
neighbor, two doors down, says he is loosing LOTS of water to the wind
and low humidity. He thinks I do not have a leak since I have lost
less water over the same period of time as he has. I wonder?
So far I am down about 7 inches over a 6 day period. Humidity to day
is 50% and has been in the teens most of the week except for the past
few days when we had T-storms. The level is dropping so slowly that I
wonder now about the "leak". At the rate it is going, it may take
weeks for the level to stop dropping and then again, *sigh*.
The level in the stock tank is down almost 1 inch now. So, if I use
that as a comparison, there MUST (so it would seem) be a leak in the
pond.
What do you all think?
Have a great weekend!
W. Dale