Old 21-06-2008, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Phyllostachys Nigra

On Jun 20, 10:25*am, Dermot66
wrote:
Hello

I have just bought a phyllostachys Nigra bamboo to provide a screen
between my neighbours garden and my own. I bought it when it was
arround 6 feet tall and want to encourage it to grow maybe a foot
taller but more importantly to bush out to provide an adequate screen.

Could the forum provide me with some advice on how I can encourage it
to do this.

Thanks

Dermot66

--
Dermot66

Mulch it well and water the ground you wish it to spread into.
Next yearo or the year after you should see larger culms emerge from
the ground.
This years culms will get no taller, they emerge , grow to a fixed
height and then stay that height.