Old 22-06-2008, 07:04 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
[email protected] plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com is offline

Default tougher problem than expected asparagus cages

About 1/2 of the wood pallet cages are failing to do the job. So I am
going to take all of them
down and cut them for fire wood for winter.

I kind of suspect asparagus wants to fall over so its seeds and spread
further from the roots.

Some of the stalks are held in place by the "morning glory vine, or
bind weed". Maybe I ought to
wait for mornimg glory to climb and then snip it at the base when it
gets too much and
use the weed to support the asparagus.

I want something quick, easy, effective.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium