Old 07-04-2003, 06:32 AM
zhanataya

Default About 20 years ago...

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:02:11 -0600, "harrison"
wrote:

Plants can connect us. When my mother was in her last year, she wanted to
give away her houseplants because she couldn't take care of them. That was
11 years ago and the single Sanseveria root I took is now a huge specimen
plants. When the middle school in which I worked decided to green up the
building, I took a cutting in and every time I saw the plant, I felt doubly
connected--one, to my mother, and two, to my mother-in-law because of the
common name of the plant--mother-in-law's tongue. When things got rough as
they can in a school, I found it comforting to see a bit of green from my
mother. Eugenia, zone 6, two towns west of Boston where the weather is
really mean and miserable today

Each time I take a cutting and try to get it to root I think of my
mother. I swear that woman could take a fallen oak leaf and wind up
with a tree. She also *talked* to her cuttings and plants, especially
her ivy and it nevr got spider mites.

Stephen go ahead, snort and laugh but don't say it. ;-)

zhan