Old 23-02-2003, 01:15 AM
Bob

Default New visiter to pond

On 22 Feb 2003 20:33:37 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

Bob I'm wondering would it
spend it's days outside the pond and only come at night?

They are nocturnal critters. Most of their activity is at night. I didn't often
hear mine call during the day unless it was two males making noise. Mostly they
would sun during the day, I'd never see them eat during the day (but others
have). Mine would wander around the yard at night.
My son found one in the frontyard, one hung himself trying to crawl back
through an area that I had attached some wire fencing to. I found one at the
back corner, probably a male who had lost the battle and was trying to find a
new pond (wonder if he ever made it to the swimming pool down the block? ;-)

Well I'm all set for tonite with my spot light and net in hand

k30a

You may see our pond at:

www.gulftel.com/seadogs