Old 22-06-2008, 06:07 PM
mt006b1198 mt006b1198 is offline
Registered User

Location: England
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
Are you sure that floppiness wasn't due to lack of sufficient bright light? They need a bright position, or they put out over-extended growth which then goes floppy.

You can water them liberally during the summer growing season, eg soak em once a week. Need to be in very well drained soil through. But barely water at all during the dormant period in winter, only if they look like they really need it, or are getting roasted by your central heating.

This is general advice for most desert cactus, there are exceptions.

Hi everyone.

I would just like to thank u all so much for all the information that u gave me, it was much appreciated.

Now I can try and start growing them again as I realise where I definitely went wrong (not enough light and badly overwatering) lol.

Thanks once again

Shelley