Old 22-06-2008, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_4_] Derek[_4_] is offline

Default Metal/plastic sheds

"Blairadamwitch" wrote in
message ...

Anyone bought one recently?
Do they come with a floor or do you have to create a concrete or paved
base for them to sit on?
How are they attached to the ground as I'm concerned they will
blow away with our winter weather (even summer winds if last night
is anything to go by).

Thanks
JW

--
Blairadamwitch

We have an extended "Keter Jumbo XL " shed it does have an integrated floor
however you need a hard base for it to stand on we used a number of paving
stones, avoid putting it straight on the ground as you are producing a nice
sheltered area for rodents beneath. I did add a flooring of waterproofed
particle board as we roll mowers and light wheeled machines in as I reckon
the floor would be cut up by the traffic.
I sited ours against two fences (corner) so far as blowing away? not with
the amount of rubbish folk store unless you on a cliff in which case a
wooden shed would probably go the same way. ground anchors would cure that
problem.
Derek