Old 22-06-2008, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wild winds

"Muddymike" wrote in message
It is really wild here today. Wind is gusting so strongly it has
overturned a
heavy hardwood three seater bench, overturned several pots and smashed one
of them, broken a 4" dia bough from the Tulip tree and completely
flattened
some Lupins I was particularly proud of having grown them from seed.

http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10507?sort=5

Shows the largest bow to have come down so far.

Same here in Leics. One of my lilacs has been pulled out of the ground by
the wind and is lying across the path. It's not a young tree, it was here
when I moved in in 1986.