Old 23-06-2008, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Lumber for raised beds

In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

I want to make some raised beds for gardening. I'm going to use pipe
supports, which I have a lot of. I want to make 4' x 12' x 12" deep or so
beds. What would be a good lumber for this? I want something that is going
to last for a while, although I know nothing lasts forever.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Yeah, rough cut cypress that's the ticket.

- Billy

To sit home, read one's favorite paper, and scoff at the misdeeds of the
men who do things is easy, but it is markedly ineffective. It is what
evil men count upon the good men's doing.
-Theodore Roosevelt
- The Outlook
December 21, 1895