Old 07-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Dave Bell

Default Holes in preform, was New with questions!

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Charles wrote:

At that price, i would guess the preformed pond is polyethylene, which
is quite difficult, if not impossible, to patch if it gets a hole in
it. My preform cost quite a bit more, it is fiberglass and when I
poked a hole it in, I was able to patch it.
- Charles

And here I am, about to punch several holes in my new polyfoam preform!
I am adding a deck-top turtle puddle to our pond, and just picked up a 120
gallon preform from Home Depot, for $63. It will sit next to the main
pond, with a diverted waterfall stream flowing in, and several probably
3/4" vinyl outflow hoses siliconed-in at the top of the deep center
section. This will leave two large, dry, flat areas for sunning, and a
pool about 10" deep that always has fresh pond water in it. Any different
suggestions for outflow?

Dave