Old 23-06-2008, 04:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dusty Dusty is offline

Default It's official (Verizon) - Anyone care if I post pictures at RGO?

"Ray B" wrote in

Dear Verizon Online Customer,

As a Verizon Newsgroup service user, we wanted to let you know about
some important changes that we will soon be making to our Newsgroup
service.

On June 24, 2008, we will be modifying our Newsgroup offerings to only
offer groups in the Big-8 Newsgroup hierarchies, which are listed
below. The 0.verizon.* newsgroup hierarchy will also continue to be
available. Users will not be able to post or download from any other
newsgroups using our Newsgroup service.

comp.*
humanities.*
misc.*
news.*
rec.*
sci.*
soc.*
talk.*

More details regarding the Big 8 newsgroup hierarchies is available
at: http://www.big-8.org/.

This change will not affect your Internet access service. If you
would like to subscribe to newsgroups other than those we offer, you
will need to subscribe to a separate commercial news service. Please
note that your use of any such service is still subject to our Terms
of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.

There are no changes required to your software, but you will need to
unsubscribe from all Newsgroups other than the Big 8 hierarchies and
the 0.verizon.* hierarchy noted above. The following link explains
how to subscribe and unsubscribe in Outlook Express:

The big companies AT&T, Verison abd others cant sell you their crap on
newgroups so they want make them imposible to use so they have an excuse
to get rid of them.
You might want to try;
http://www.teranews.com/

I think theres a small set up fee but it's free unless you have a high
usage.