Old 23-06-2008, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Mildew on gooseberries

Rhiannon Miller writes
For the second year running, I appear to be losing my entire
gooseberry crop to mildew. As the berries grow, they get
covered in the stuff, even though no other part of the plant
is affected. I have a Whinham's Industry (worst affected)
and an Invicta. Is there anything I can do about this,
other than taking the plants out and putting in more
resistant varieties?

Prune to keep the bush open and not overcrowded. But it was a rubbish
summer last year, and this year looks like going the same way. Next year
may be better.
--
Kay