Old 24-06-2008, 03:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
MarieD MarieD is offline

Default Runner Beans

"andrew pearce" wrote in message

Has anyone else been having trouble with runner beans this season?
I've put three sowings in so far and got about 20 out of 200
germinated. They seem to be rotting in the ground after being attacked
by something that leaves holes like wireworm. I put them in three weeks
earlier thatn usial and now I'm about three weeks behind.

I have about 8 plants out of 35-40 planted. I don't know why they are doing
so badly this year. Also I did not get one banana pepper plant, but this is
my first year for those. I've never had problems with the beans before.
Marie